Re: [xml] Help using GDB

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 13:48, Jane Meyer wrote:
Hello,

I am new at this and was wondering if I could get some help. I
sucessfully compiled the code in the /example directory and was able
to run it.

When I use gdb on it I get the error message:
   "libxml2-2.6.2/example/gjobread": not in executable format: File
format not recognized
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how can I gfix it?
I tried compiling a basic c program and tested that with gdb and that
worked.

The gjobread file in example/ after you did the build is a libtool
script. When you run it, it sets up the environment correctly (in a
portable fashion) so that gjobread gets linked against the library you
just built, etc.

In order to use these scripts under gdb, you need to invite libtool to
the party. Run this command

        libtool --mode=execute gdb gjobread

and all should go smoothly.

Cheers,