Re: [xml] Question on XML

Resending response.

Thanks for the speedy response. Comments inline.

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:00:54PM -0800, Avneet Ghai Puri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at LibXML2 for validation of xml documents against a schema. The kind of things that I am looking for include things like:
> 1. array boundary checking
> 2. Min and max occurences
> 3. numeric value fits in a range.
>
> I was wondering whether the above is supported. I looked through the code and do not see it, but just wanted to make sure that I did not miss anything.

Min and Max constructs should be supported, I think you misread...

Will it be possible to point me to what function/file is this being checked?

For array boundary, I can't see any part of the spec related to that...

Let me provide an example:

<?xml version=?1.0??>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd=?http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema?>

    <xsd:simpleType name=?String30?>

         <xsd:restriction base=?xsd:string?>

             <xsd:minLength value=?1?/>

            <xsd:maxLength value=?30?/>

      </xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

Now when something of type String30 is seen in the XML document I will like to verify that it is with in the size of 1 to 30.

Rgds,

Avneet

please provide a pointer to the subsegment of the XML Schemas spec you're
refering to. Idem for "numeric value",

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/