Re: [xml] Catalogs, python bindings, rewriteURI, & segfault

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 03:02:13PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  the way you try to get an handle to a catalog is wrong.
If python had static type I could raise a problem but currently I
don't know.
  use
  def loadACatalog(filename):
    """Load the catalog and build the associated data structures.
       This can be either an XML Catalog or an SGML Catalog It
       will recurse in SGML CATALOG entries. On the other hand
       XML Catalogs are not handled recursively. """

Aha!  I knew I was overlooking something; I had completely forgotten
about libxml2's top-level factory functions.  Thank you for the
reminder.

Is there any way to make the libxml2.catalog class refer to the catalogs
described by the environment (XML_CATALOG_FILES), or would I need to
just process that environment variable manually using the catalog
factory functions?

Take care,

    John L. Clark