[xml] Function declerations and calling convention.

Title: Function declerations and calling convention.

I have a request that all exported functions (or documented functions) in the library have a macro for both exports on windows and also have a macro for calling convention. For an example take to following function declaration.

LIBXML_EXPORT xmlChar *LIBXML_FUNCTION xmlParceFunction();

Then the function definition would be

xmlChar *LIBXML_FUNCTION xmlParceFunction();

Then for every platform and compiler the LIBXML_EXPORT and LIBXML_FUNCTION can be defined and changed to suit your needs.  At present I need all function for windows to be declared as _stdcall instead of the standard _cdecl.  Also using def files are not as useable as export libraries so I use __declspec(dllexport).  On the Mac the default is fine and I set the LIBXML_EXPORT and LIBXML_FUNCTION to be blank.

The problem is that when I go from one version of the libxml to the next published version this becomes a two day job to support the my calling conventions.

Cameron C. Johnson

Software Developer

FileNet Corporation

www.FileNet.com

ccjohnson FileNet com

Phone: (780) 433-3690 ext. 2225 (phone)

Fax: (780) 437-4381 (fax)

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.  Thank you.