Re: "Re: [xml] xmlParseChunk with UTF-16LE fails on special occasion"

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
I seem to be confused here. How can I pass the real encoding (UTF-16LE)
at parser creation time?

  With xmlCtxtResetPush() for example.

At last: I don't have to use the push parser necessarily, for I just
used it to fake easily the first 4 bytes of an UTF-16 encoded entity,
which are autodetected by libxml2. If I could set the "real" encoding, I
would prefer to use "xmlCreateMemoryParserCtxt" and "xmlParseDocument".

  Then there is a *lot* of parser creation interface taking an
encoding declaration, why don't you use one of them ?!? ALL the
xmlReadxxx APIs take a const char *encoding argument.

Daniel