Re: [xml] undeclared prefix not reported

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 06:47:34PM +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:
When I feed

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <bar h:bar="main"/>

xmllint --noout -

I get no error telling me about the undeclared prefix.
(since xmllint is namespace aware I thought it would require xmlns:h="...")

Is this a bug?

  Yes, I'm surprized it never got noticed ... This is fixed in CVS:

paphio:~/XML -> xmllint --noout tst.xml
tst.xml:3: error: Namespace prefix h of attribute bar is not defined
   <bar h:bar="main"/>
paphio:~/XML ->

This allowed to spot an error in one of the regression tests too ...
  Thanks for the report,

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network