RE: [xml] Refactoring of the SAX interface for namespace support

I think there could be some benefits implementing SAX interface as close to existing Java/C++ SAX2 interface as you can get with poor old C:

- For example namespace info for callbacks has been well thought over and tested - Existing documentation on SAX can be more easy to grasp when callbacks are similar (in the limits of C of course)

Of course performance issues are on the scale too but I think little performance benefit over usability isn't worth it.

p.s. I myself have written minimal SAX2 based XML parser in ANSI C with namespace support and API similar to SAX2 which can be found at http://www.saunalahti.fi/~samiuus/toni/xmlproc. No CVS currently but source code is available and it's public domain if someone's interested.

Have a nice day

Toni Uusitalo