Re: [xml] [Fwd: Another encoding problem when not using iconv]

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:38:59AM +0000, Mark Itzcovitz wrote:
Hi Daniel,

A couple of weeks ago I sent the email below, but I haven't seen any feedback from you or anyone else. I 
guess you lost sight of it while you were away, or have I done something to upset you :-)?

  I just forgot about it :-) sorry

However I'm unable to reproduce your problem:

paphio:~/XML -> file slashdot16.xml
slashdot16.xml: Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode English character data
paphio:~/XML -> ls -l slashdot16.xml
-rw-------    1 veillard www         10374 Aug 11 14:07 slashdot16.xml
paphio:~/XML -> ./xmllint --noout slashdot16.xml
paphio:~/XML -> ./xmllint --version
./xmllint: using libxml version 20509
   compiled with: FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog DocBook XPath XPointer XInclude MemDebug Unicode Regexps 
Automata Schemas
paphio:~/XML ->

 I had to fix xmlParseEncodingDecl() because "utf-16" is not registered
directly as an encoding (only le and be variant are, maybe this should be
fixed). But the converters seems to work for this case. This does not mean
your patch is wrong, just that I can't reproduce the problem, and I would
feel better if I could reproduce it.
 I didn't realized that iconv would take over libxml2 internal UTF-16 parsing
when present, seems I would need to do regression testing with multiple
configuration flags to actually catch up some of the problems.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]