Re: [xml] XSD patch and tests

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 10:09, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 07:37:51AM -0500, Charles Bozeman wrote:
The only real gain is being able to handle decimal values larger than 18
digits. I had noticed that the only time the code needed a decimal value
in binary form was during facet validation so I thought why not keep the
values as strings until the code needs it as a number.

  That's reasonnable considering the current state of the code, but
at some point we will need to extend the API to return the value, and
that will make things costly. It also forces to make one more malloc
per integer to duplicate the string so the choice isn't simple...
  I don't know how to evaluate both solutions to come down to a conclusion
it's a bit hard to make without real use case, maybe you have more
data than me to suggest such a change, maintainability of the code
can be important too,

Daniel

Unfortunately I don't have any data; I was just looking at the current
code. I'll keep my code around in case there arises a need in the
future. I will (hopefully) have the patch to hexBinary in the next
couple of days.
Later
C. Bozeman