Re: [xml] namespace decl attributes return false for HasValue

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:46:10PM +0200, Denys Duchier wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I have been using the xmlTextReader API in libxml2-2.5.6 on Gentoo.  I
like it very much, but I have come across the following curious corner
case: namespace declarations have NodeType=2 (i.e. attribute), return
false for HasValue, and return the namespace URI for Value.  Is this
intended behavior?  It seems a bit inconsistent to actually have a
Value but return false for HasValue.

http://dotgnu.org/pnetlib-doc/System/Xml/XmlTextReader.html#XmlTextReader.Value%20Property

  seems to imply that Value for attribute should work that way,

I suspect that this could be fixed simply by adding:

case XML_NAMESPACE_DECL:

to the switch statement in the implementation of function
xmlTextReaderHasValue in file xmlreader.c

  yes, that makes sense, done !

    thanks

Daniel