Re: [xml] (no subject)

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 01:18:22PM -0000, spinmar interfree it wrote:

I'm confused on encoding support of libxml2.

  Read the F....g manual.
     http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html

I can't solve my problem and I don't know why.

  Maybe because you didn;t spent time to read the documentation :-(

I parse a xml document (with iso-8859-1 encoding) and I have to add some elements to this document. I take
the informations from db and these informations have latin1 characters (òèàù) and I save them in char*.
Then I add the element with, for example,

all internal content is UTF8. All tree API MUST use UTF8 strings.
Convert your string to UTF8 before adding them to the DOM.
I have writtent docs about it. I have repeated it numerous time
on the list. I have made a search engine to lookup those references
and explanations.

  I am doomed to answer on my free time to users who just don't want
  to spend the time to read the documentation ???

Daniel