Re: [xml] occurrences on elements & sequences

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 08:56:44AM -0600, Charles Bozeman wrote:
I've come across a couple of bugs in schema handling, specifically
dealing with min & max occurrences on elements and sequences.
If an element has a minOccur='0' and maxOccur > 1 and the element is not
present in the xml file being validated, then the validation fails. See
attached elem.* files for test case. Also minOccur and maxOccur on
sequence are not handled at all.
I (hopefully) fixed the problems in xmlSchemaBuildAContentModel with the
attached patch, but I don't really understand the automata routines so
the patch needs checking. The patch also adds a check for unbounded case
when building a model for choice types.

  Just to protect my sanity (or what's left !):
    - did you checked with the latest version (CVS or 2.4.26) since I
      modified this area before 2.4.26
    - do the existing regression tests still pass after applying the patch

 I assume it's yes and yes because you know the rules of the game,
but just in case :-)
 I saved the patch, I will try to apply it over the week-end (chase
me until you get a positive ack that I did it :-)

  thanks

Daniel