Re: [xml] python binding for xmlCatalogAddLocal() ?

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:22:49PM -0500, Brent M Hendricks wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:36:50AM -0500, Brent Hendricks wrote:

Is there a python binding xmlCatalogAddLocal() ? I looked through
libxml2.py but couldn't find anything.  Or if there isn't, is there an
equivalent way to do the same thing (add a catalog to a document in a
threadsafe way)?

  Hum, no there aren't any bindings for per document catalogs ATM.
The entry points are not directly converted because the pointer
"void *" has no type and hence can't be mapped to existing Python
type or classes wrappers.
  That would require specific glue code at the bindings level.

Bummer :(  I'm using the python bindings to do XSLT tranforms in Zope
which is multithreaded.  Other than the local catalog problem, it works
fantastically.  How hard would it be to write the "glue code" for this?
  Is it on the horizon?

  Well the catalog is in that case attached to a document parsing context
not to a finished document. It's probably a matter of a couple hours for
me to write it or a day or two for you to understand and submit a patch :-)
Not really in the horizon, but since it not too long or difficult that
could be done. But I would appreciate if others with knowledge of python
learned how the bindings are done.

Daniel