Re: [xml] Windows build

Hi Igor, All,

I'm in major time troubles and so I haven't tested the newest tarball and
can't promise to do so the next days.

To keep the oddball compilers (Watcom, Metrowerks) happy on WIN32,
I just want to suggest following approach:

1. Keep the JavaScript configuration step as transparent as possible so
that it can be done by a human instead.

2. Don't do messy
#if (defined(_MY_COMPILER) || defined(__YOUR_COMPILER__) ||
on many places.

Seperate compilers and features:

The compiler part:

#ifdef _MY_COMPILER
#define SNPRINTF_HAS_UNDERSCORE
#define THIS_FEATURE
#define THAT_FEATURE
#endif

#ifdef _MY_COMPILER
#define THIS_FEATURE
#endif

The feature part

#ifdef SNPRINTF_HAS_UNDERSCORE
#undef snprintf
#define snprintf _snprintf
#endif

3. Beware of those windows headers.
The win32 headers declaring zillions of macros and
functions are a *bad* thing. Don't force their inclusion
if it can be avoided.
I know there is the #include <everything> and pre-compile
school but I strongly disagree.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi