Re: [xml] external entity references using SAX interface
- From: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- To: Vassili Dzuba <vassilidzuba nerim net>
- Cc: xml gnome org
- Subject: Re: [xml] external entity references using SAX interface
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:05:52 -0500
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:23:59AM +0100, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
i know that the libxml documentation explicitely counsel to use
the dom interfce if one has to use entities, but i don't see any
philosophical reason why a sax interface should be so
I will give you two:
- libxml2 preserves entity references in attributes
values, SAX doesn't allow it but I decided I wanted that feature.
- libxml2 DOM shares a common subtree on multiple entities references
ask first for entity substitution to avoid them.
Plus a number of reasons which make SAX hard to use in pure C, Megginson
never bothered trying to solve those, SAX is not a C friendly API, it's
also too limited for an editing toolkit like libxml2.
Look at the various entry points in SAX.c related to entities, and
the value of ctxt->inSubset.
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
] [Thread Prev