[xml] 2.4.27 thread problems

Hi,

There are problems in the threading support when I build 2.4.27 on
Solaris with the Sun compilers (I haven't tried with gcc, but I think
the same problem would appear).

It looks like there has been a lot of change in the threading code since
2.4.26. I've just spent an hour or so trying to work out what is broken,
but I'm not making much progress at the moment.

Does the library build properly on other platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux?

Is this is a Solaris specific problem or is the threading code broken
on all platforms?

Gary