Re: [xml] HOWTO build libxml2 with minGW & pthreads-win32

 Michael,
 Msys has autoconf and the likes.

 Harring
--- Michel GOUGET <mgouget computer org> wrote:
Hi Igor,

I think this question is for you.
I am porting from Linux to windows a program using libxml2 and pthreads.
I thought that the most straightforward way would be to use minGW (and more
specifically dev-C++ with gcc 2.95.3-6), and pthreads-win32 (snapshot
2002-03-02, the latest version at sources.redhat.com) , I got the libxml and
iconv libraries from your site and compiled the thing, but got segv the
first time I was using xmlMalloc().
I was able to compile and run successfully a small test program (parse an
xml file); so I suspect that the lib has been built for another threads
package and maybe another compiler/runtime.
It looks like I must get the lib from the CVS tree and recompile it if I
want to do serious work.
So my questions are:
- Is it necessary ?
- If yes, could you give me hints or pointers on how to do it for my
environment before I start reinventing the wheel. Mingw has no
autoconf/automake, so what about defines ?, makefile ?, tricks ?, compiler
switches?.

Thanks,

Michel