Re: [xml] building libxml2 on HP

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:05:32PM -0400, Rozi Kovesdi wrote:
I am still struggling with libxml2
I ended up installing GNU gcc and compiled with gcc

However when I try to install the Perl module XML-LibXML-1.50,
I am getting new problems

perl was originally built with 'cc' not 'gcc'

So when I try to make XML-LibXML, it wants to use 'cc' to build XML-LibXML
instead of 'gcc'
and getting warning that it is incompatible with the libxml2
(pointer assignment warnings)

You can change this with:
  $ perl CC=gcc [OTHERFLAGS]=[new value] Makefile.PL

Safer to generate Makefile from Makefile.PL then edit it. You can also
manually edit your Config.pm module and set the correct values.

--
albert chin (china thewrittenword com)