[xml] [RFC] [patch] register, deregister node callbacks

hi!

we are currently struggling with getting the php4-domxml module
leak-free. we use libxml2 as the xml backend.

we track every node we create inside of php4 and attach a
php4-resource (the _private slot, obviously).

one major obstacle currently is that that we do not get to know what and
when libxml2 free's nodes inside; take the 'magical' XML_TEXT_NODE
coalescence_with_free in xmlAddChild as an example for one reason for
our headaches, b/c it magically invalidates the passed child node ;)

we can attach custom data to _private but dont get informed if/when we
should free them.
i cooked up a patch that adds two api functions that lets our code catch
each creation and destruction of nodes making the cleanup process a lot
less painful and less leaking.

xmlRegisterNodeDefault(xmlRegisterNodeFunc f)
    register the callback for "hey, there's a new node now"

xmlDeregisterNodeDefault(xmlDeregisterNodeFunc f)
    register the callback for "hey, this node will be gone in a few ticks"

register is called after the node is fully built.  deregister is called
before any further descruction commences.

the patch touches these files:
 global.data              |    2 +
 globals.c                |   53 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/libxml/globals.h |   27 +++++++++++++++
 tree.c                   |   83

the patch is basic and incomplete. but made php4-domxml happy in a
proof-of-concept hack.

you should get the idea of what i had in mind.

what do you think ?
is there a way to get something like this into libxml2 ?

with kind regards,
  -lukas