Re: [xml] xmlValidateDocument and very large files

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 01:47:07PM +0200, Thomas Porschberg wrote:

How critical is it to validate very large files, e.g.
XML-Output from a database (200 MB size), with
xmlValidateDocument ?

Is there really the whole document in memory ?

  yes,

I want process the XML with the SAX - Interface, but
the first step should be a validation.

  Currently libxml validation is based on the DOM tree. libxml initial
design was really to be able to load/validate/modify/save a document.

I still have a hard time understanding how a 200MBytes XML file makes
sense, but for Schemas validation I'm making sure it will be doable
as a SAX filter.

Daniel