RE: [xml] RFC: New build process on Windows/MSVC

Hello,

yes, like sed. Unfortunately, sed is not a part of a stock
Windows installation and I would like to limit the stuff to only
what Windows provides. Otherwise I could simply install bash and
port the autoconf/automake to Windows.

you don't have to port it and you don't have to use cygwin either !

the mingw people already did this for you :
http://mingw.sourceforge.net/msys.shtml

It seems I wasn't clear enough. I want to use only the stuff available on a vanilla machine, just after the
installation CD stops spinning. Nothing beyond the regular OS utilities and the compiler suite may be
required for the build. This is the only way to make it work on all machines.

Ciao
Igor