[xml] LibXML and W3C

Greetings,

I'm a belgian student and I'm writing an article about XML tools.
One of the tools is LibXML, and there are three things I would like to know:
1)Are there examples of code that are correct according to the
W3C-specifications, but that cannot been put into work with LibXML?
2)What would you describe as the options that distinct LibXML from the other
likely tools?
3)Can you give references to known applications that use LibXML?

Thanks,

Bart