Re: [xml] xmlParseMemory() and xmlParseDTD()

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:07:54PM +0100, MDC A. wrote:
  xmlParserError(0x160840, 0x122cf0, 0x1646c8, 0x0,
0x0, 0x164afd)

    xmlParserError calls the xmlGenericError routine which is initialized
to xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc, with the default xmlGenericErrorContext which
is initialized to NULL.

   xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(0x0, 0x12fcf8, 0x5,
0xfffffff8,
 0x44, 0x1646b8)

  So that call is correct.
  BUT xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc() code is:

---------------
void
xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(void *ctx ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, const char *msg, ...) {
    va_list args;

    if (xmlGenericErrorContext == NULL)
        xmlGenericErrorContext = (void *) stderr;

    va_start(args, msg);
    vfprintf((FILE *)xmlGenericErrorContext, msg, args);
    va_end(args);
}
---------------

  Unless stderr == NULL in Solaris which would be really really strange,

 vfprintf(0x0, 0xffbef0e4, 0xfeabf9b4, 0x8, 0x12fcf8,
 0x1646c8)

  I really don't see how the first argument to vfprintf being passed can be
NULL !

which is the problem here?

  I really don't know there is something really really strange here !

How can the problem be solved?

  Take a debugger and check by single stepping, possibly looking at
the assembly generated. I don't understand how the first argument of the
call can be NULL ! Or someone else on Solaris can reproduce your problem
and check it for you, sorry I can't ...

Daniel