RE: [xml] UTF8Toisolat1() usage

Hi Geert, all,

-----Original Message-----
From: Geert Kloosterman [mailto:geertk ai rug nl]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 4:09 PM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] UTF8Toisolat1() usage

Hi all,

How can I convert the result from xmlNodeListGetString() to
iso-8859-1?

I think I have to use UTF8Toisolat1(), but it isn't exactly clear to
me how to use the function with respect to memory allocation.  Do I
need to supply a buffer that's large enough myself, or does the
function allocate it for me?

Geert

It's been a while that i've looked at the corresponding code,
but i'm quite sure that "UTF8Toisolat1()" won't handle the buffer
size for you.
You can use "xmlCharEncOutFunc()" (get the encoding handler using
"xmlGetCharEncodingHandler()") to convert from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1,
it uses xmlBuffer for in/out parameters and handles the buffer size.

Ciao, Markus