Re: [xml] one more xpath patch

Thanks for the review! I had feeling that something is wrong
with this patch but I was not sure what exactly :) I've commited
the corrected patch.

Aleksey.

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 12:43:44PM -0700, Aleksey Sanin wrote:

Hi, Daniel!!./ap

I have one more xpath patch but I would like to have you review
before commiting it. Consider the following xpath expressions:
    string(self::node())
    string()
According to http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#node-tests both these
expressions should be totaly equvivalent:
    "A node test node() is true for any node of any type whatsoever."
However, if the current node is namespace then LibXML returns
an empty string for the first _expression_ and correct value (href) for
the second one. I found that the same problem happens when
node is an attribute. The suggested patch removes all checks
for the "::node()" function (type == NODE_TYPE_NODE) as it is
required by xpath spec. Please let me know your opinion on this.

  Hum, you could end-up with selecting a DTD node or an XINCLUDE
leftover node. Maybe extending the node selection to have the namespace
and attributes nodes would be safer, no ?

Daniel