RE: [xml] cross compileing to win32 using mingw/gcc

Then perhaps I should have complained about this earlier so I could be
identified as the first person.  I also noticed that the configure
script does not work for MinGW.  I used the MSYS (Cygwin-like) shell
to run it.  This ended up being the biggest impediment I encountered
when building a full-fledged ImageMagick using the MinGW compiler.

Being the first to complain would bring you neither fame nor benefit.

I noticed that disabling the HTTP/FTP support via the configure option
didn't stop that code from being built.

That's my fault. Sorry for my not using mingw.

It does not seem difficult to update the configure script to support
MinGW since libxml already builds using Visual C++.  The
configure-based approach is much more desireable than a seperate
Makefile.

A patch which was supposed to fix exactly this was sent to Daniel and me
few weeks ago. Daniel objected on few aspects and asked for the patch to
be resent to the mailing list in order to be commented on by the others.
This never happened.

Ciao
Igor