Re: [xml] Trouble with encodings and "push" parsing

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 03:54:49AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Sorry I can't spend the time of debugging the way people use the library.

Understood... hopefully someone else has the time to take a peak.

There have been a push bug fixed recently when the first set of data
given to the parser at creation time was large (4096 bytes).

I'm giving 4 bytes, just like the examples and just like xmllint.c

Make sure
you use the parser in exactly the same way as xmllint.c does and you
should not have troubles.

As I said, the parsing loop of my program looks pretty much exactly like
parseAndPrintFile(char *) from xmllint.c and the "push" example from
http://www.xmlsoft.org/library.html.  In fact, when I first wrote
my parser, I just copied and pasted from library.html and added more error
checking/reporting.  I'm just at a loss to explain why xmllint works,
and why mine will work if I remove the "encoding" bit from the first
line.

I noticed a typo in my original e-mail... I'm using version 2.4.12.

--
Ryan T. Sammartino
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/