Re: [xml] Debugging included entites

Hi again,

Daniel replied:
The other possiblity I just thought of is
adding a "xsldbg:uri" attribute to
the entity nodes.

  Sounds like a good solution. but not for the
entity nodes. For the element

Great a possible solution!!

integrated from the external entity. Normal
attributes in the XML sense.
This would just fail to work if people used
external parsed entities to
include top text nodes (which can't hold
attributes).
  Sounds actually a lot like xml:base

I'm sorry, I don't understand what to do to
achieve this :-( Any hints?

I'm not sure how much this would slow down
libxslt

  This would be done only when running under
the XSLT debugger and performances
are not from my point of view a problem there.

Ahhh, so the speed of xsldbg only will be
affected, and only when the xml document has
external entites in its DTD

processing. This would mean
xmlAddEntityReference,
xmlSetEntityReferenceFunc,
xmlEntityReferenceFunc be added to libxml

  Adding entities nodes will not work with
XPath. Adding an attribute
value at the insertion point would need a
single callback adding API.

Oops. What I meant is just to add
the "xsldbg:uri" attribute to the all of the
nodes/child nodes between firstNode and lastNode
(where lastNode can be NULL).

If I only added the "xsldbg:uri" to
XML_ELEMENT_NODES wouldn't that mean that I'd
need to "search" for node with the "xsldbg:uri"
attribute? Or would I use a  function like

void filesGetLineInfo(xmlNodePtr node, long
*lineNo, const xmlChar** uri);

Which would only need to be in the files module
of xsldbg and be based on the xmlGetLineNo code I
submitted to libxml2.

Thanks for your patience while this problem is
being resolved.

Keith

--
Keith Isdale

k_isdale tpg com au | xsldbg stylesheet debugger
http://xsldbg.sourceforge.net