Re: [xml] XML-Signature

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 01:42:28AM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
Daniel,

I attached the C14N API I have now. Please let me know if you think I
should
change something. Of course, you are abslutelly right about xmlOutputBuffer,
it is the base API. I added two simple envelopes for dumping canonical XML
to memory and save it into a file. I have 7 test cases from W3C
documentation and

  I'm a bit surprized by the fact it is an input and output interface.
I would have expect it to be output only baed on an existing xmlDocPtr
or even an xmlNodePtr. But I will look more closely at it later :-)

I wrote a simple script to do automated testing (I had no chance to look
at the
libxml test suite yet).

  Good approach ! I wonder if there is an an official test suite on the work
I'm gonna ask around.

This C14N implementation is only first step and really I want to implement
XML Digital Signature.  Probably it's a good idea to create something like
libxmlsec but I am not sure I have enough time for this. I've not looked
at this closely
yet but I guess there are a lot of work to do.

  yep this seems significantly larger.

Daniel