Re: [xml] XML-Signature

Hi,

I began writing a Perl library for XML-Signature, based on XML::GDOME,
which is based on gdome2 and libxml.  It took me longer than expected,
and my company ended up using the Apache Java XML Signature package
instead.  However, I did manage to release a working Canonical XML module,
an important part of the XML Signature standard:
http://www.tjmather.com/xml-canonical/
I also have (un-completed) part of the Signature Perl module sitting on my
hard drive.  If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll e-mail it.

XML-Signature is a complicated standard, and it took many months with
a sponsored full-time developer to develop the Apache Java library.
To develop XML-Signature in C based on libxml probably would probably take
a similar amount of time.  Doing it in Perl would take significantly less
time, especially since XML::Canonical is already available.

To make development faster, and to make it easy to switch between
Apache XML Java Signature and Perl XML Signature, I followed the
implementation of the Apache XML package as closely as possible.  This
required that I have a Level 2 DOM package, which is why I used gdome2.

If you do go down the route of writing XML-Signature in C/C++, that would
be helpful, than many languages could use the standard through the
use of a wrapper.  I would suggest following the Apache XML implementation
and using gdome2 to provide the DOM.

-TJ