Re: [xml] Release of libxml-2.4.14

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 01:10:43PM -0800, Brent R. Matzelle wrote:
--- Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
 - first a new Licence, it is now released under the MIT Licence,
   which is very close from the previous W3C IPR. It's also
compatible
   with (L)GPL. The main reason is that libxml2 is expected to get
   included in XFree86 and also to simplify the Licencing scheme
   the previous dual Licence was more annoying than useful

What would XFree86 be using libxml2 for?

  The configuration files I assume

 - second Python bindings, I already stated the Work In Progress
   status, it's beta quality, but usable. It may give troubles
compiling
   outside Linux, in that case disable it (configure
--without-python)
   or send paches (only the Makefiles are non-portable, the code >
is really generic).

This is really good news.

  BTW the Makefiles in Friday's release for the Python stuff were
really bad, I commited far better ones in CVS. I may do another
quick release to fix those.

Daniel