Re: [xml] encoding practice?

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 12:29, Derek Holden wrote:
I am wondering what common practice is for reading and writing XML
internally. Specifically, xmlDumpMemory writing utf8 and xmlParseMemory
reading iso-8859.

xmlParseMemory should read whatever the <?xml encoding=""?> tells it as
far as it has the conversion. Internally everything must be uft8.

Is it better to handle the decoding on the dump end or
encoding on the parsing end? If I'm approaching this incorrectly or there
is an equivalent utf8 xmlParse routine I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks.