Re: [xml] encoding practice?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 07:29:17AM -0500, Derek Holden wrote:
I am wondering what common practice is for reading and writing XML
internally. Specifically, xmlDumpMemory writing utf8 and xmlParseMemory
reading iso-8859. Is it better to handle the decoding on the dump end or
encoding on the parsing end? If I'm approaching this incorrectly or there
is an equivalent utf8 xmlParse routine I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks.

  I would say keep everything UTF8, UTF8 and UTF16 are the only encodings
that any XML parser MUST support. And I would advise against UTF16 in general
because it forces extra conversion in most processing tools and in general
wastes spaces with useless zeroes...

Daniel