Re: [xml] Premature end of data in tag

Gavin Sherry writes:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Rich Salz wrote:

Okay, I'm confused.  You first wrote:
when I try to parse a xml file with tags containing special characters
(like CONTROL-M) I get an error "premature end of data in tag <tag name>".

Someone else wrote that (Filippo Mariani). I followed up.

But just now you wrote:
In my case, the offending character is inside a CDATA section which allows
Char.

Here's my error:

error: CData section not finished

and

error: detected an error in element content

Well, without any information about the xml you try to parse, it would
be a miracle, if someone could help you. And even if christmas is coming,
miracles are seldom.
What characters, in which encoding do you feed?
Provide a small but complete example that shows the problem with xmllint.

Morus