[xml] output of cdata within xsl:value-of select

Folks,  I have a question with regards to output of CDATA value within a
xsl:value-of select in a XSL file. I have an XML data coming to an XSL file
as a data stream and the XSL contains the format in which the XSL should be
displayed.

The fragment of code in my XML file is:

<TGMSG><![CDATA[This is a test message, hopefully this will go through
        line2
        line3
        line4
        line5
        line6 end.]]>
</TGMSG>

There are line breaks (carriage returns) within the CDATA section. This will
pass through without any hassle while XML parsing.

The fragment of code in my XSL file is:

Your Message is: <br/>
<xsl:value-of select="TGMSG"/><br/>

But when I pass the above XML data input to the XSL file, the output comes
in without the line breaks. Like this:

This is a test message, hopefully this will go through line2 line3 line4
line5 line6 end.

But I want the output to come out like this (in other words, I want to
preserve the carriage returns / line breaks that I get within the CDATA, and
print them out using my XSL file):

This is a test message, hopefully this will go through
line2
line3
line4
line5
line6 end.

What should I do to achieve this? I need to perform this only by modifying
the XSL file. If anyone has encountered this before or know the solution,
please let me know. Thanks in advance.