[xml] Performance of DOM interface

Hi,

I'm using libxml and libxslt with Perl to generate dynamic HTML pages and did some performance testing recently. I created a XML tree from a Perl data structure using the DOM interface and transform that tree with XSLT.

While the performance of the XSLT transformation is really good, I found that constructing the DOM tree took about 75% of the running time. So it takes about three times longer to create the XML source tree than to parse a stylesheet and apply and output the transformation.

Is this behavior normal? I would think creating an XML tree is much faster than a XSLT transformation.

Please CC me. I'm not on the list.

Nick Wellnhofer

--
The hot Caribbean sun and a sweet sea breeze are all that can be felt.
http://matadorworld.com/

fon: +4989 38380653
fax: +4989 38799384
wellnhofer aevum de