[xml] libxml as DLL?

ImageMagick uses libxml.  The copy we are using has a most recent
changelog entry of Mar 25, 2002 and appears to be version 2.4.19.

For Windows, we prefer to build libraries like libxml as DLLs.
Unfortunately, I discovered that libxml does not include adequate
provisions for applying dllimport and dllexport to library functions.
I had to hack the library to dllexport the functions that ImageMagick
uses in order to build libxml as a DLL.

Is there any interest in providing a "DLLEXPORT" style define as part
of all libxml extern functions so that libxml may more easily be built
as a DLL using compilers that require this nonsense?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen simple dallas tx us