Re: AW: [xml] problems with multiline comments

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:15:21PM +0200, Uwe Pachler wrote:
thanks for the help!

I tracked down the error to the in-memory parsing routine. The problem is
that parsing stops after
the first chunk for some reason - right somewhere in the comment. The buffer
that I'm using is 1024 bytes in size, and what happened with the comments
was that the blew up the file beyond the 1024 bytes limit. so the parser
only parses the first chunk, and after that doesn't parse further. I have to
investigate this further, but maybe you are familiar with in-memory parsing
and can take a look at the code (basically the example, a bit tweaked to
work with c++ istreams):

  Hum, parsing from memory or from an I/O should not differ at this point
but I may have a bug somewhere,

  does xmllint --push or xmllint --memory exhibit the problem ?

Daniel