Re: [xml] Entities in attributes

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 03:29, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
Hello, All!

Please, tell me - can I use entities in values of attributes ?

I use DocBook/XML DTD and wrote
<section id="&BASEID;.short-intro">

After validating with xmllint I get error:
"Syntax of value for attribute id on section is not valid"

You should have no problem doing this.
The test file I whipped up validated correctly:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE section PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
  <!ENTITY BASEID "test">
<section id="&BASEID;.short-intro">

Could you send me (off-list) a minimal copy of the offending file to
look at?

John Fleck

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead