Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.4.21

Hello,

I would love to be able to generate these *.def.src (or *.def
directly) files automagically, but haven't found a way yet.
If someone knows how, please, please tell me :-)

Libtool will do this, as long as you have something like msys/cygwin on
the system. MSC++ support is included.

I know. Dlltool from mingw will generate .def from object files as well, no
need for msys or cygwin. Unfortunately I cannot run it as a part of the
build process, because regular Windows development machines do not have it.
I cannot put a mingw or cygwin requirement on people who want to compile
libxml with MS compiler.

If I had something that would generate the .def.src file from the source
files, then its platform requirements wouldn't matter. Only I would need to
run such tool, not everyone who builds libxml. I guess I must update the
.def.src manually until I get the time to make such thing, because there is
nothing available.

Ciao
Igor