Re: [xml] libxml endian detection

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:55:48PM +0200, Martin Strauss wrote:
Hi !
I just tried to compile libxml on a cray t3e,
that works ..
(I only need the basic xml interface, I switched off everything else)

even the example compiles and runs ... until

  haha :-)

the endian detection ...

on the cray  (big endian architecture)
the size of unsigned short int is 4

  arghh ... right, I didn't know such a platform existed ...

the file encoding.c assumes that it has always the size of 2 ...

  yes

I could patch that ...

  how ? do you have an atomic type of size 2 bytes ?
using things like int:16 ?
I would definitely like to see such patch, I assume this could be
protected by a preprocessor define like #ifdef UNICOS or something similar.

but ...
are there other parts of libxml that depend on the size of short int ?

  Looking quickly, except the trio code there doesn't seems to be other
occurence, but you probably don't use it.

any ideas ?

  Send the patch ! :-)

    TIA,

Daniel