RE: [xml] Substitution of nested entity references

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 6:35 PM
To: Henke, Markus
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] Substitution of nested entity references

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:07:38PM +0200, Henke, Markus wrote:
Yep, it's complex. Maybe to complex for me (by now... 8)
So i've tried a possibly quite naive approach by adding some
lines to "xmlStringGetNodeList()"
(and "xmlStringLenGetNodeList()") that recursivly build the
child node list for an entity declaration (which was NULL before,
the initial problem).
I've no idea if this will produce side effects or break other
things, in a (simple) test it works, also my patch for the

  yep looks okay applied, just did a bit of cleanup

Fine, i'm glad to hear that. After the preceding discussion I could
almost have sworn that it can't be sufficient, since it's relative
simple.
Maybe now you want to have a look at the follow-up patch that
addresses the recursiv substitution of nested entity references.
It changes the behavior of xmlNodeGetContent(),
xmlNodeListGetString() and  xmlNodeListGetRawString().
I hope i havn't missed a routine that does the entity substitution.
Attached is a diff against a version of "tree.c" that is already
patched with the previously sent diff.

<snip />
Daniel

Ciao, Markus