Re: [xml] libxml3

For functions which assemble a new (and newly allocated)
character buffer by concatening several pieces (and probably
reallocating in this process), I would like to have an
alternative by giving a visitor callback as parameter,
which gets called for each fragment.

That's what the SAX interface provide. With the following document
fragment ...

Yes, but the SAX interface gives much less functioniality than the
tree interface. I want to have the functionality of the tree interface,
but using an API that does no memory allocation on
non mutating calls.

(Because, e.g.  the data may go to C++ STL to avoid double
copy and double memory allocation)

Regards,
Peter Jacobi