Re: [xml] Last compiler warnings (Windows)

I don't think that changing the function declaration  from
   something(pointer p)
   something(const pointer p)
will create any warnings for applications simply because "const" here
tells the application that 'p' will not be changed in the function.
I absolutelly sure that it can remove some warnings but not add new ones.

Aleksey.

Two functions, xmlDocCopyNode and xmlCopyNodeList, have the first parameter
declared differently in the prototype (tree.h) and the implementation
(tree.c). Since the declaration in tree.c seems more apropriate to me, the
one in tree.h could be adapted to match it. The patch for this is also
further below and if there are no objections, I would commit this one as
well. Please beware: this is a change in a public header file! While it
would eliminate the warning in libxml, it could introduce hundreds of
warnings in hundreds of applications which use libxml. On the other side,
that should not prevent us from making the API cleaner. Should I apply it,
or rather wait for the end of the API-freeze period?