[xml] creating xml with extreamly large node counts.

Problem:  I need to create an xml file from a database of parts.  There
could be up to 40,000 parts in the database; all of which need to be in the
xml file.  Obviously, I can't create a doc in memory to hold all of this
info; so I must create the doc, and save it to file, one node at a time.

Question: What is the best/proper way to to this?  The only command I've
found to write a single node (and it's children) is xmlElemDump().  This
works fine to dump the node to a file, but then how do I get the DOC Node
info (ie the Version# element, and the document name element) into the file
both above and below the 40,000 nodes?  Is there some command to print only
part of a doc tree (everything up to Node X, or everything after Node Y)?

If this has already been done/answered, could somebody point me to some
examples.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Fricault (F-78)         Gilbarco Inc.
Senior Software Engineer     7300 W. Friendly Avenue
Retail Solutions             Greensboro, NC 27420-2087
Mark Fricault gilbarco com    Phone : (336) 547-5863
www.gilbarco.com      Fax : (336) 547-5079