[xml] Compiling on Solaris 2.6

Hello,

I am a Unix systems admin, so I'll apologize in advance for my limited XML
experience. I have a group of developers that are looking to compile with
libxml2-2.4.9 on a Solaris 2. 6 machine. They are getting "many warnings"
during compiling and the parser is not working correctly post-compilation. I
can get specifics if you need them, but was wondering if there was a general
consensus on what compiler (hopefully a free one) should be used on a
Solaris 2.6 system?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeremy

jeremy kipp fmr com