Re: [xml] in-memory compression?

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:19:06AM -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
Questions about compression and whitespace:

  a) It is stated that the library transparently handles compression
when doing file-based access.  How about memory?  Specifically, I'm

  No there is no in memory compression surrport.

  b) On the same note, although I like seeing all the lovely indentation
when debugging, I'd be perfectly happy for all the spaces to be stripped
before sending (compressed or not) when the daemon is talking directly
to the client with no humans trying to read the stream directly.

   All white spaces are significant. If you don't want to have
them in the serialization, do not generate them in the tree
(or remove them).

Daniel