Re: [xml] Where are the header files?

At 01:27 PM 10/07/01 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 08:40:05AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

 use xml2-config --cflags to get the proper compiler flags.
Similary use xml2-config --libs to get the linking flags.

Hi Daniel,

I'm trying to make it easy for people to link an application against libxml2.

Are you saying my configure script needs call xml2-config?  And if so is
there an example configure.in you can point me to?  Or that the person
installing the application that uses libxml2 should run xml2-config and
then set flags before running my ./configure?

If the library header locations are stable I'll just set in my configure.in
this:

    LIBXML2_LIB="-L$withval/lib -lxml2"
    LIBXML2_CFLAGS="-I$withval/include -I$withval/include/libxml2"

so  ./configure --with-libxml2=$HOME/local will work.

Another note, I was trying to build a minimal libxml2 -- it probably
doesn't matter, but just to see if I could minimize the number of run-time
libraries.
But, although the following makes libxml2 smaller, I still have
dependencies on libsocket and libnsl, which I don't use.  Does libxml2 use
those even if I build this way?  Again, it doesn't matter, but just curious.

    ./configure \
    --prefix=$HOME/local \
    --with-zlib=/usr/local \
    --without-ftp \