[xml] Skipping non Latin-1 UTF-8 chars (was: How do I read German Umlaute - entities from anXML-File using libxml?)

At 05:42 PM 10/6/2001 +0800, William M. Brack wrote:
You should also be able to use the routine xmlUTF8Strpos(utf, 1) to get the
position of the following character, instead of re-inventing the wheel. :)

I looked at that and from the description didn't think it does what I need.
 The pos value is the number of chars to skip?  if utf points to the start
of a UTF-8 character and I use a pos of 1 it will return a pointer to the
second character (or NULL)?

Yes, not re-inventing the wheel was the entire point of this question.

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley hank org