Re: [xml] xmllint as filter?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 05:25:16PM +0100, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
At 10:54 AM 11/23/01 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  concatenating a set of XML files onto a single stream is in the
majority of the cases I have seen a serious design error.

Ok, maybe it _is_ a design error.  I'm working on search engine software
that will accept a stream of XML documents as its input for indexing, to

  The point is that a concatenation of XML documents is not an XML document.
And an XML parser, per the spec cannot know when a document finishes, it
has to come as an indication from the layer feeding it. That's why keeping
markers in streams of XML document is crucially important, it allows the
consumer to indicate to the XML parser when the current document finishes.

Ok, I agree changing the signature is bad.

And if I would like to do a global variable, I would have to tweak
../include/libxml/globals.h , right?

  right to export the name and the .c too to actually define that variable.

P.S. At this point I don't care whether it would be accepted as a patch or
not.  I would just like to get a little C hacking experience again...  ;-)

  Fine,

Daniel